Sunday 11 March 2018

You've got this!


Hi everyone, I've been playing with some new stamps and a newish to me technique.

I swiped hickory smoke and iced spruce oxide ink pads across watercolour paper to get the streaky or windy effect in this background. I spritzed with water and used my finger to blend the colours a bit.

The image was stamped and embossed but when I coloured it in it was too dull over the greys.
I decided to restamp the umbrella and clothing onto regular white card so the colours were much brighter. I fussycut and glued them over the original image.

I used regular distress ink in weathered wood and black soot around the images to tie the layers together. I had a couple of sentiments in mind for this image but this one won out today! It's from the Encouraging words set by Wplus9.

I'm linking up to a few challenges.

At Addicted to Stamps & More it's make your mark. I used distress markers to colour the image.


At Simon Says Stamp Monday the theme is whatever the weather!

Simon Monday Challenge Blog Logo

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday has a girl power theme.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo

At Craft Stamper Magazine it's anything goes, as long as you use stamping somewhere on your project.

Take It, Make It Challenge

At Inkspirational the theme is work. Holding that brolly looks like hard work to me lol!


Finally, thanks for hanging in there, I'm linking up to the challenge at 
Word Art Wednesday where it's anything goes with an uplifting message or scripture.


Grab our badge:

Supplies:

Katzelkraft windy day stamp; Wplus9 encouraging words stamp; versafine ink & clear ep, distress and oxide inks; distress markers.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

23 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Perfect stamp and the most perfect sentiment for it. Love the choice of oxide colours on the background and the fussy cutting worked out great x

Brenda in IN said...

What a great stamp and perfect in this windy weather. I can relate! Your background is exactly right for that gray day. I love the bright raincoat and umbrella.

Cat Craig said...

Great image and sentiment, and what a fab work-around to get those bold colors.

Carol L said...

I just LOVE this card! The stamps, background and sentiment all work perfectly together and it's such a fun creation!

Maura said...

Oh my gosh, Cathy! You have captured the feeling of the wind in your card!! Her bright yellow slicker is perfect in this moody scene! Love this, and it just made me laugh! Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, no matter the weather where you are, craft on! hugs, Maura

Anita in France said...

Your background couldn't be more perfect for this fabulous image, Cathy ... it's a wind storm on a card ... it's brilliant ... and it's so much fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracy Freeman said...

LOVE this, the background is just perfect and the pop of yellow just works so well.
Thank you sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. Have a great day x

Shauna said...

This is awesome! I love your fun image and your creative use of color. Your wind streaked background is lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Loll said...

Great image Cathy. The sentiment says it call ... wonderful Encouragement card! Great save with paper piecing the coat and umbrella! xx

Cath Wilson said...

Hi Cathy
Thanks for your comment. I love the bright colours you used on your card and the way you depicted the wind... great sentiment, too! It's a brilliant image, isn't it?
Cath x

Susanne Vargas said...

You created the perfect gloomy background for this stamp! Awesome card!

annewaller said...

Fantastic stormy weather project - love it x

Ina G said...

I can REALLY relate to the 'windy side' of this fabulous image Cathy. It was just like that last week end at my sister house. Fabulous background and love how you fussy cut the raincoat and umbrella. Really makes it pop. Super sentiment.

Papercraft Boutique said...

A fascinating card, Cathy! I never though of swiping ink pads to make a background. The red umbrella and the yellow clothing really pop against the gray - it was worth re-stamping and fussy-cutting, wasn't it? The sentiment is perfect! Hideko xx

sharon said...

Cathy your card is amazing!!! it was like that at our place during mid week as we got the wind from the cyclone along the coast.
A fabulous image and beautiful colouring of the background.
sharon :)

roffeycreations said...

Funny - well done - Mxxx

Marina said...

What a fabulous card - you've really captured the wind effect and the colours just pop. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Jo Ann said...

Wonderful creation! So blessed you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again in our current Challenge. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Psalm 31:24 which says, "Be strong and take heart, all you hope in the Lord." So sorry for my late comment, just been so busy!

JO ANN
https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Great image and perfect sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

shirley-bee said...

Love this, Cathy! Great background, and those colours really pop - great idea to restamp and fussy cut. Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

JackieT said...

I love this card, and thanks for sharing the techniques behind it .

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats on your Craft Stamper win - fabulous, your card!

Renee said...

This made me laugh the second I laid eyes on it! Great card, I love it. Congrats on your win at Craft Stamper! Well deserved.