Sunday 5 November 2017

Night sky silhouette.


Hi everyone, hope you are able to get some crafting in on your weekend.
I've got a few chores done, so I could take a break in the craft room, always more to do though!!

I had a watercoloured panel in my stash that I decided would make a great night sky.
Here's a closer look at the silver paint specks that give a starry effect.


I stamped one of the Altenew to the moon stamps and embossed it with liquid platinum ep, then added colour with distress ink. I used a circle die to make it smaller for this scene.

The theme at The Male Room is silhouettes.


At Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge I'm taking the anything goes option.


Bizzy Bec's Store Challenge has an anything goes theme,

Blog Banners



I'm also choosing the anything goes option at Seize the Birthday.




Supplies:
Kuretake gansai and Finetec watercolour paints; Altenew To the Moon stamp; versafine ink & liquid platinum ep; Spellbinders card creator A2 borders die; Memory Box Twiggy Tree die; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x


14 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Great male card. That is a lovely night sky and I love the way you did the moon with embossing powder. So pretty.

Cathy F said...

Very striking contrast with the die cut silouettes - lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge Blog!

Karen Dunbrook said...

This looks totally awesome...so eery and fun!
well done mf.
xx Karen

Mac Mable said...

Stunning background and love the silhouette of the tree. Your moon is fabulous and would never have thought to die cut it to make it smaller! x

Cat Craig said...

wonderful sky, and your moon is perfection.

TaeEun said...

What an awesome night scene!!! The moon looks fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Seize the Birthday!

Susanne Vargas said...

Cathy, this is a spectacular night scene! Absolutely adore it!

Anita in France said...

What a stunning night sky, Cathy ... the depth is brilliant ... and I love the embossed moon, it's positively touchable! Hugs, Anita :)

Andreja said...

What a great card you made. Fantastic work with silhouette :-))
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room.

Shona Chambers said...

I wish I had panels like this hiding in my stash!! Its a stunning night sky (something I struggle with) and makes the perfect backdrop for the tree silhouette too. I'm so glad you shared this with us at Happy Little Stampers!

Peanut said...

What a stunning card! The night sky is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Leanne said...

Love your card Cathy, the colour combination is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Bec's challenge blog. Good luck.
Leanne DT

BożenA said...

WOW! I love this night scene! Heaven and moon look stunning, Cathy!
Hugs,
BozenA

roffeycreations said...

Eerily pretty... Mxxx