Sunday 23 August 2015

Silver, black & blue birthday


Hi everyone, I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
I'm multi tasking and have washing on, muffins in the oven and am about to get stuck into some much overdue housework!

I used my new Spellbinders die for the borders in this card. I was going to lay them parallel with each other but decided I liked the offset look better.

I'm linking up to these challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches where they are celebrating their 200th challenge!
Congratulations!
I turned the sketch on it's side and used a curvy line instead of straight so hope that's ok.

At A Blog Named Hero it's a Clean and Simple theme.

At CASology the theme is number.



My borders and numbers were die cut using snippets of silver shimmer paper and black card, so I'm also visiting the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop,
 you only need 1 scrap or snippet to play along.

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Find Joy sentiment; Darkroom Door butterfly.
Dies: Spellbinders A2 curved borders 1; Memory Box Parker numbers.
Other: versafine ink & clear ep; prismacolor pencils; bling.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

20 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Cathy,
Well this one caught me eye immediately as thought how clever is that to use curved boarders that way, brilliant,love colours too.. of to pin it :D one of your pins I pined has over 50 re-pins, I have a board for you blog :D .. you rock!
Thanks so much for sharing. Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Kath said...

This is a fabulous card - very stylish and I love how you have offset the borders.
Kath x

OlgaB said...

This is very stylish - just love it!

TaeEun said...

Beautiful CAS card and so elegant!

Enigma Artist said...

the combination of colors and the font style just bring this card together. Very nice!

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you flipped the sketch and used the curves! Beautiful with the butterfly accent! Thank you for helping us celebrate 200 at Freshly Made Sketches!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, beautiful, Cathy!!! Love it!!

Pat said...

Funnily I have just got this set of dies too but they look great offset like this and that butterfly is so pretty. This is a wonderful clean and simple birthday card Cathy. x

Barb said...

What a lovely elegant card. Barbxx

Mac Mable said...

Love the curvy offset die, the colours and the layout of your card. Such a creative card and loving the butterfly too!

Mrs A. said...

Elegance in Abundance here on this card. I love the border. Hugs Mrs A.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Cathy! I love your take on the sketch and that gorgeous butterfly! So pretty! Thanks for joining us for our 200th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

Di said...

Fabulous card Cathy, as always your butterfly is beautiful. And such a great idea to offset the curves as you did too.

Hugs

Di xx

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Cathy! I love how you layered the border dies and that butterfly is lovely. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anita in France said...

Fantastic, Cathy ... those offset swooshy borders are a gorgeous backdrop to your beautiful butterfly ... so elegant! Anita :)

MaryH said...

This is a fantastic look, and I'm loving the way you've swirled the design of the curved die as you did to create such movement with the offset shapes & colors ...add in that gorgeous blue butterfly...Oh MY! Really splendid to celebrate a milestone occasion. TFS &L Hugs

wienerhoneymooners said...

Totally Gorgeous!!! Love the you joined us at CASology!!!!

Sarn said...

Totally love this CAS card xxx

Susanne Vargas said...

What a great layout! Love your idea of offsetting the die cut border! So beautiful!

Brenda in IN said...

This is so creative! I love the look of it and the silver 50. Perfect.