Sunday 11 January 2015

Black & White anniversary


Hi everyone, this is the card I made for my hubby to celebrate 31 years of being together.
Time certainly does fly!

It's a variation on my blue swirl & snowflakes card, no embossing this time. I got some new alcohol ink colours for christmas and a blender pen, so I was able to put a drop into the embellishment and colour it blue rather than leave it silver.

I'm linking up to the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday where the theme is to use something old and new. 
The La Rue flourish die belongs to my sister, and I've had these diecuts since a visit last year. I cut some black ones on a trip up to see her recently.
 I bought the embellishments ages ago from a scrapbook store and wondered why I ever bought them! I've got at least 60 cm of them. (They came joined together with thin cord like a ribbon).
My new thing is some different alcohol inks and a blender pen. I'll be able to make jewels of all colours now!

I'm also linking up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday where the theme is to use something new.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

5 comments:

Anita in France said...

Beautiful and striking, Cathy! Happy Anniversary to you and DH! Anita :)

Brenda in IN said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. This is a beautiful card and I know he will love it. That is a gorgeous die and I love the touch of blue. I just got my blender pen in the mail yesterday and I'm anxious to use it. The silver embossing just makes this card so elegant.

roffeycreations said...

Well done on the colour change - love it and congratulations xxxxx

Sandra said...

Really pretty card! Love the swirl against the black background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Such a lovely design! Very elegant!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa