Sunday 11 May 2014

Alcohol Ink Flowers


Hi, I've spent the last of Mothers Day playing with some new toys.
It's my first time playing with alcohol inks, so much fun! 

I'm linking up to the challenge at CASology where the cue card is metal.


I used a leftover piece of Quick Kutz metal sheet and stuck it onto some white card, then die cut Memory Box chloe stem flowers. I used a few alcohol inks on a felt pad and was amazed at the rainbow of colours that came out! The colours look way better in real life.

Using up a scrap or a snippet means I can visit the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

I'm putting another entry into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is spring flowers.
And another entry into Addicted to Stamps & More the theme is clean and simple.

At Time Out Challenge the theme is "Time flies love lasts"". My sentiment explains my take on the challenge, because you're special.

Materials used: Quick Kutz metal sheet; alcohol inks; Hero Arts find joy sentiment stamp; versafine ink & clear embossing powder.

Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Cathy x

26 comments:

Irene said...

Absolutely beautiful Cathy, I've enlarged the card and can see the colours and shine.
luv
irene
xxxx

rachel said...

great technique and result. fabulous xx

Mrs A. said...

I did the same as Irene and the colours are gorgeous. A lovely idea and great for using up those pesky snippets. Hugs Mrs a.

Di said...

I'm with Irene on this, I enlarged your card Cathy and the colours and shine truly are STUNNING! Absolutely beautiful work.

Hmm, I've used almost the same words as Irene - but then she said it so well. Great to see you twice already!

Hugs, Di xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is a WOW card. Love how the inks colored the metal. Great card.

Gillian R said...

Beautiful card, love the variation of colours. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

sandie said...

fab CAS design and great idea, the flowers are stunning. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT x

Ardyth said...

This is awesome - I love the results of that technique! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card Cathy. I like the effect you got with the alcohol ink on the metal - stunning! Elizabeth xx

Sue said...

Great CAS design Cathy! its gorgeous huggles Sue x

roffeycreations said...

Lovely Cath - Mxxx

Loll said...

LOVE the colors of the alcohol inks on metal! So gorgeous and a FAB CAS card! I just bought my first set of alcohol inks and they are whisking their way to my house ... can't wait to play! Loll xx

Sarn said...

LOVE the alcohol inks on the Chloe Stem die. Fab technique and one I've yet to try!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jingle said...

This is super fabulous! So cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Sue said...

What a beautiful effect with the alcohol inks, gorgeous CAS card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Susanne Vargas said...

Those flowers look absolutely stunning!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so creative Cathy - I love what you did with the metal and alcohol inks!

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness Cathy, this is just mind blowing, love the metallic sheen to the die cut :) thank you for sharing with ATSM !

MaryH said...

What a splendid effect you achieved with the alcohol inks and the metallic of the Quik Kutz and it shows so beautifully against the crisp white background. This is a wonderful CAS look. TFS & Hugs

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Cathy, this is just stunning ... gorgeous and breathtaking! Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I just gonna repeat what everybody else said already - STUNNING!

Darnell said...

Aren't the results just the best from mixing up the alcohol inks and blender?! Such fun and, wow, what a wonderful idea to use the chloe die to showcase those colors!! Beautiful card, Cathy!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I've never used alcohol ink but I keep seeing it pop up and love the look! These flowers are so pretty!

Beverley said...

Colourful CAS perfection. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Shirley said...

Your flowers are terrific and thanks for explaining how you did those! I love how they look on the metal sheeting. Very simply elegant!!

Traci S. said...

These are great! I love the colors! Thanks for sharing your technique!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather