Sunday 26 January 2014

Owl Anniversary


Hi, I've made another owl card. Hubby suggested the design with the single hearts cut from my ribbon this time. (I think he was humming the song Love is in the Air!!) Decided to use bling instead of the googly eyes on this one too!

I'm going to link up to Simon Says Monday challenge where the theme is to create something starting with the letter A. I've gone with Anniversary.

I cut my branch from a snippet of brown card so I'm visiting the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop

Materials used: Stampin Up owl stamp and Cloudy Days embossing folder; Distress inks; Prismacolor pencils; Memory Box Woodland branch die; hearts are cut from ribbon; bling and sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

13 comments:

Michelle said...

What a darling card! Tell your honey that he did a great job too. I love those little hearts. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. Anniversary was a great idea for the letter "A". Thanks again! ~Michelle

roffeycreations said...

Cute - I def like the googly eyes tho... Mxx

Unknown said...

Ohhh so cute!

rachel said...

beautiful card Cathy - wonderful design! Hugs Rachel x

Di said...

Oh Cathy, what an adorable card! LOVE those little owls 'smooching' on the snippets branch. Perfect Anniversary card, or even for Valentine's Day with a different sentiment :)

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Tweet, tweet two, This is so cute. Love the little hearts either side of the love birds. hugs Mrs A. A star + for hubby.

Liz said...

Love the cards and the heart were a great idea/ Thanks for sharing over at the playground

MaryH said...

Hubby had a good idea with the ribbon. Love the fabric texture of the hearts, and I did like the glitzy eyes. More classy than the cute of the google eyes. Nice texture on your sky background too. You & DH make a winning design team! TFS & Hugs

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your hubby has great ideas! Definitely, he's a keeper! There is so much to like about this card-the sponged in cloud background, the pattern on the owls, their bling eyes, the branch! Such fun!

Sarn said...

Brilliant owl anniversary card. xxx

Karen Petitt said...

Fab anniversary card, love those owls and the eyes are the perfect touch x

Quirky Shepherd said...

What a fab card - I love owls! x

scrappymo! said...

Awwww...this is so sweet!