Thursday 9 January 2014

Happy Birthday Mo!


Hi, It's my sister Maureen's birthday ! YAY!
I visited her earlier this week and gave her this card so it's ok to post it now.
We had a lovely catch up.

I stamped the background ages ago - white ink, clear embossed. (Thanks again for the loan of the stamp Amanda). I distressed it with a few greens and a blue. I've used my all time favourite butterfly stamp from Hero Arts Antique Engravings set.

The flowers were punched from some dp that Mo gave me years ago. Her resolution this year is to use up some of her stash on every project. I think I'll try and get through some of mine too!

I'm going to link up to some challenges.
At Addicted to Stamps & More the theme is to Make Your Mark. I coloured my butterfly with my Prismacolor pencils and blended them with odourless mineral spirits and a blending stump. I love this technique, the colour just melts as you blend it.

At Cuttlebug Mania the theme is distressed. You also need to use a manual die cutting/ embossing machine. I used my cuttlebug to cut the Memory Box Madeira Corner dies. I distressed them with pine needles and forest moss distress ink to get them to match my base card.

At Make It Monday the theme is anything goes and to share creativity.

Materials used: Stampin Up Weathered bg stamp; Hero Arts Antique Engravings butterfly stamp; Versafine & Versa color ink & clear embossing powder; Distress inks; Prismacolor pencils; Memory Box Madeira Corner die; Carl flower punch; stickles; sentiment sticker & bling from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

24 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous inking work Cathy, love the shades of green you have achieved with this! I hope your sister liked it xx

rachel said...

such a pretty card cathy - love the background and the colour - wonderful xx

Hettie said...

Oh Cath I just love this. The colours and the design are just wonderful. No wonder your sister loved it. I do too!
PS Boofle is a bear made out of Grandad's old cardigan!! That is what it says on the label!
Hugs
xx

Loll said...

So pretty!! Love the embossed resist technique you've used for the background. Great color combo. Loll xx

Bonnie said...

I love how that beautiful butterfly stands out against the pretty background! How lovely to have a sister that shares this hobby! I know she loves this card!

Susanne Vargas said...

What a beautiful card! Love how you did the background! And those delicate corners... Just gorgeous!

MaryH said...

Cathy, this is so beautiful and for such a special sister too. I'll pop by & say Big Happy B to Maureen. You girls are so lucky to have a sister who shares your craft passion, and be so talented in making such gorgeous cards. Not to mention be able to share supplies. This was really enhanced with this background, a perfect color to add all the wonderful embelllies for a Wow card. TFS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card- I would never have thought to put green and lilac together-but they look fabulous!
Have a lovely day,hugs Nessa xxx

roffeycreations said...

I do love my card - and it will be going onto my inspiration board right next to last years gorgeous one... Love you... Mxx

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Cathy, this is gorgeous. I love that background and the corners, also those petite little flowers. Heard on a morning program today that it was so hot thee that bats fell out of the sky! Wish I could send you some of our cold to cool you down.

sandie said...

Hi Cathy, I love this background and the butterfly is stunning, you know I love purple!! Thanks for joining us at ATSM and Happy NY xx

Linda Breedlove said...

This is simply lovely! I saw your card at MIM.

Pia S said...

The purple butterfly looks fantastic against the green background. I think your card is really beautiful, I spotted it on MIM.

Deepti said...

Very pretty card Cathy, I love the color combination at lot :) thank you joining in the fun at ATSM!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, I really like the crackle embossing on the background. The MB die cuts and butterfly are great together. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Cathy this is just sooo awesome back to read it carefully.
I love baby card below too, just hope dont loose this comment! playing up it is, Shaz in oz.x

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card. Happy bday to your sister. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Make it Monday.

Hugs,
Rocio -DT

scrappymo! said...

What a fabulous card. Teh fancy, intricate dies looks good with the fab crackled look on the card. Love how you did that, by the way!
The butterfy certainly does looks so nicely blended and looks beautiful on your card.

Darnell said...

Maureen is really lucky to be getting this gorgeous card, Cathy! I love all the wonderful design details, right down to that awesome crackle background!! Hugs, Darnell

stressfreestamping said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you did the background and the purple butterfly looks gorgeous against the green! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

Nonni said...

Very beautiful! I love the background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

Kimbo said...

So gorgeous Cathy. Beautiful colours, I'm sure your sister loved it. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Deepti Stephens said...

Super gorgeous! Cathy..Love the color combo a lot.. :)

Jannie said...

I love your card! The colors are so bright and beautiful!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania's challenge "Distressed"

Cuttlebug & Hugs
Jannie