Sunday 26 January 2014

Fiery Flower


Hi, I sat down this afternoon determined to use one of my flower
stamps that hadn't been inked yet. This daisy patch flower stamp set by Heartfelt Creations jumped out at me.
I stamped three flowers in ruby ink, fussy cut them and coloured them with  Inktense pencils. Then I shaped them and layered them together. 

I wanted to enter the challenge at Inkspirational where there is this gorgeous photo for inspiration.


I love the bold colours. There's a link to the artist and the fairytale The Firebird that the illustration is from. I used the bird's colours for my flower.

I also wanted to try a new to me challenge called The Card Concept. There are a variety of design styles all clearly explained with lots of examples from the fab design team.
 I tend to make clean and simple cards, although sometimes I think they don't quite fit due to background embossing or a few matting layers. I discovered another category on this site called Clean & Layered. So I think this card fits that category. The theme this time is to add texture. I've used an embossing folder.

Materials used: Heartfelt Creations stamp; Colorbox ink & clear embossing powder; Inktense pencils; diamond stickles; Memory Box Elegant Scroll die; Divine Swirls embossing folder; flower bling in the centre of the flower from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

22 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful & elegant Cathy and it matches the photo inspiration very well ! Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

Marina said...

What a fabulous bloom! I love the graduated intensity of the colour and the gem middle.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Kerin said...

This is a jaw dropper for sure! LOVE the pop of color on the black & white background, and your texture is fabulous too! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Gorgeous coloring on the flower!
I know, thanks to "The Card Concept's" description of the different styles, I, too, think that I am more of a clean and layered girl even though I want to be clean and simple... On the other hand I think I really don't have a style (yet?)... It's ok, as long as we have fun, right?

roffeycreations said...

Just gorgeous Cath - the flower really pops... Mxx

Brenda in IN said...

This flower really pops on the black background. Love the gold tips and shine.

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous flower, luv it against the black....so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

sparkle & shine *~*

Mrs A. said...

I love the colour you have made the flower in. It looks so vibrant and all the card needs. Perfect. hugs Mrs A.

Ardyth said...

Love the matching texture of the ef and the swirly stems! As well as that gorgeous bloom! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

MaryH said...

Oh Wow! Cathy - your flame flower is so stunning against the dark border and the crisp white swirls. I have this stamps, (never inked!) and I need to go hunt it up. This has your usual lovely style, and it's always such a treat to see what you've shared, when I can get by for a visit. TFS & I'm off to enjoy some earlier posts. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Wow Cathy... that flower is fabulous! Your coloring and layering is beautiful! I love the pop of color against the black and white. It is always a joy to have you play with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Maire Gamber said...

Cathy, your card is stunning! I had to take some time to very some of your other posts too! I could just get lost in your beautiful blog! Wow!
Hugs,
Marie

Susan Hogan said...

What a gorgeous creation - just beautiful. Love the way yo have coloured this flower.

Karen Davis said...

I love the strong flower with the scrolls/swirls on the black. A lovely combination. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at The Card Concept.

Kay Miller said...

What a striking card! That flower is just stunning!! Love the whole design too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

Nonni said...

Wow! Your flower is striking, I love the colors. Great layout too. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Karen M said...

Love your gorgeous card cathy - that flower looks amazing:) hugs xx

Hettie said...

WOW and double WOW Cathy! This card is absolutely ticking all my Happy boxes today. Love the colour of the flower as well as the shape and the way you have used black and white. Wonderful.
Hugs
xx

scrappymo! said...

This is lovely. The shading is spot on and I love the fiery colours against the black strip!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous flower - it really jumps out at you! Just beautiful!

Darnell said...

WOWZA, Cathy, I think you've got a winner here! I love that you used NBUS again and made such a striking, fiery, and beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Cathy! What a fabulous take on our challenge at Inkspirational! Bravo!