Sunday 14 May 2017

Dreamcatcher on blue.


Hi everyone, I hope you had a relaxing Mother's Day if you were celebrating it.
I had a lovely day just pottering around, even had a nanna nap!

A friend asked me to make a birthday card with feathers on it, so I'm hoping she likes dreamcatchers.
I borrowed this Cheery Lynn die from my sister ages ago and thought I'd better use it before she wants it back! 
I enlarged the lacy circle with a border diecut from 2 Spellbinders dies. It made the image just that bit bigger which is what I wanted. I used distress inks to colour the white feathers and also to give a bluish tinge to the silver diecuts.

The background is painted with Kuretake Gansai watercolor paints in a few shades of blue, with a touch of Finetec silver watercolour paint for shimmer.

I'm linking up to a few challenges:

At Addicted to Stamps & More it's anything goes.




At Happy Little Stampers watercolour, I'm choosing the anything goes option.


I'm also adding another entry to Seize the Birthday, going with the no toppings option this time.


Supplies: Kuretake Gansai and Finetec watercolour paints; Cheery Lynn dreamcatcher die; distress inks; silver card; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

18 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful dream catcher. I have a couple of feather stamps and never really known what to do with them. I do now! Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda in IN said...

Your background is beautiful with that touch of silver. The dream catcher die is really authentic and adding a circle over it was very ingenius to make it bigger. The feathers look so real...the dream catcher looks perfect.

jimlynn said...

Cathy, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love it!
Lynn

Cat Craig said...

lovely blues.

Megan J said...

Hi Cathy, a super card love the background that you have created with the watercolours, the die looks good and I wouldn't have known that wasn't the true size. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Julie B said...

Super dreamcatcher and I love the watercolour background.
Thanks for linking up at ATSM and HLS dies. :)

Marcus Barrett said...

these are awesome art i can add custom stickers so it

would look personalized. the same like that online.

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Such a stunning card!

roffeycreations said...

Really lovely Mxxx

SewPaperPaint said...

I love the blue and entire design. Hugs, Autumn

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blue hues, Cathy ... the shimmer is fantastic ... such a gorgeous and striking card! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card - the blue bg is perfect with your dream catcher. Thanks for joining in at STB.

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love this...dreamy blues and a great die that looks wonderful on that bkg.
xx Karen

Patti said...

This is lovely Cathy! Your background is stunning!

So happy to have you as our guest at STB!

Patti

Pat said...

That background is the most gorgeous shade of blue Cathy and the shimmer is so pretty. The dreamcatcher has made a beautiful centrepiece too. A fabulous card! x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty, with that dreamy background!

BożenA said...

Amazing card! Background that you created looks like the sea depths, or how my dreams :-) Great!
Hugs,
BożenA

Jenny Colacicco said...

Stunning. I love the shimmer, the blue colour is gorgeous. This is one of my fave colour combos. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS watercolor challenge ! Jenny x