Friday 26 May 2017

Birthday cogs and gears.


Hi everyone, I'm playing along as a party guest at Seize the Birthday again this month. It's one of my favourite challenges as I always need birthday cards in my stash!

                                                                                                  
The toppings theme is Something Sweet but you can always play along with the anything goes birthday option too. I think I have a cupcake stamp somewhere but have had no luck finding it, so I went along with the anything goes option.

I diecut these cogs from an empty cereal packet, great source of chipboard that's a great thickness for my cuttlebug! The cogs are coloured with metallic rub ons. I've used brass, gold and pewter. You need to buff some of the colour off as it will rub off onto the white background, ask me how I know lol!!

I'm also linking up to the challenge at The Male Room where they want us to use diecuts from our stash,



and to the Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies challenge.



Supplies:
Memory Box antique gear set and mini gears dies: MFT pierced tag stax die; Metallic rub ons by Jim Aldred Supply; sentiment sticker; Gear embossing folder, by Darice I think.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

16 comments:

Liz said...

Great masculine card, love the design. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great card Kath, x [aNNie]

Brenda in IN said...

I thought those were real when I saw the card! They do look so authentic with the metallic rub ons. Perfect "guy" card.

Pat said...

These cogs make a great masculine card Cathy and the added metallic effect with the rub ons looks so effective. I also love the embossed background which goes beautifully. x

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic masculine card, great design as well.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

The perfect masculine card!

Darnell said...

Excellent card, Cathy, all buffed and masculine and chuck full of cogs and gears that guys love!! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

Such a terrific masculine card Cathy! Hope you are having a great day!

Anonymous said...

Love the monochromatic card, Cathy! Its great how you've paired the embossing with the die cuts.. fantastic!
xx Ashwini

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card Cathy. Love the embossing folder you used. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anita in France said...

Positively handsome, Cathy ... so cool, crisp and masculine! Hugs, Anita :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely love those gears! So cool. Perfect masculine card. Happy you are joining us at Seize the Birthday.

laurie said...

Love the gears...what an awesome masculine card!

Rocky said...

Thank you for sharing your great card with us at TMR. Love the embossed background to match all those lovely cogs.

Amy Seigler said...

Love the gears! Perfect Masculine Card! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with dies!

Shawna said...

Perfect card for our Off the Edge challenge.. These gears are so awesome and reminenct of Steampunk Art.. Fantastic card.. Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room.
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna DT