Sunday 27 April 2014

Sparkly Blue Butterflies


Hi, hope you are having or have had a good weekend!

I've been making butterflies today and thought these 2 would fit a few challenges.

At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge the theme is to use a big stamp. I recently bought this Hero Arts  leafy vines stamp. I trimmed  a section off for this layout so that I could fit my butterflies in.  The stamp takes up the whole card front! 

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is Clean & Simple. The design team are also showcasing Hero Arts. This butterfly is from the Hero Arts antique engravings set. It's the first time I've used this stamp and I've had the set for quite a few years!

At Addicted to Stamps & More the theme is to make your mark. Create a project using markers, pens, pencils etc. I coloured my butterflies with Inktense pencils.

At Mrs A's butterfly challenge the theme is glamorous butterflies. I embossed the vine in silver although it's a bit hard to see in the photo and I added diamond stickles to the edge of the wings. Looks pretty glamorous in real life!

Materials used: Hero Arts stamps; Inktense pencils; silver versacolor ink and silver fine embossing powder; Versafine ink and clear embossing powder; diamond stickles; bling and sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting :)
Cathy x

28 comments:

Kim M said...

This is gorgeous! Love that leafy vine stamp by HA. It's on my wish list. Love the silver and the vibrant blue. Just lovely! :-)

Anita in France said...

Wow, Cathy, this is so elegant ... the silver vine is perfect with that rich, vibrant blue of the butterflies ... simply beautiful!

Lin said...

Your blue butterflies are beautiful, Cathy, and the leafy vines make a perfect backdrop for them! Thanks so much for joining us in our CAS challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

scrappymo! said...

Wow! I really love that stamp and your fab card. This stamp is so versatile...would look great for so many cards...oh my...may have to open my wallet and I am supposed to be on a spending freeze...yikes!!!

Craft-E-Place said...

Beautiful card, I love the leafy stamp.
Elaine

rachel said...

oh Cathy - this really is stunningly beautiful - love it to bits! Hugs rachel x

Twinks Stamping said...

What a lovely card. Really beautiful colours on the butterflies xxx Jan xxx

Sue said...

This is so pretty its really gorgeous huggles Sue xx

Loll said...

Those butterflies are GORGEOUS! Loll xx

Mrs A. said...

Such a pretty card. Love the sparkle on the vine leafs and the gorgeous butterflies. Thank you for fluttering by #6. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Monica said...

Wow, those butterflies are super and the stamp looks awesome.

Alrik said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love the leafy vine and sweet butterflies.

Deepti said...

I am big fan of ur butterfly creations :) you make them look so alive, beautiful. Thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my gosh - how gorgeous!! A very elegant and beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Redanne said...

Oh Cathy, what an absolutely gorgeous card, the leafy vine stamp is wonderful and those sparkly butterflies are the perfect finishing touch! Anne x

Inkyfingers said...

Oh this is so elegant Cathy, and I love how you used the beautiful scroll as a background for the gorgeous butterflies.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect combination! Love your colouring of the delicate butterflies. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Bonnie said...

Love these glamorous butterflies and the leafy vine! They're made for each other!

Lynn said...

Wonderful butterflies - a really rich colour. The vine stamp is great and I really like the layout. Lynn x

roffeycreations said...

Such a gorgeous card Cathy - so subtle... and of course brilliant butterflies... Mxx

Karen M said...

Absoulutely love this gorgeous card cathy & your butterflies are so pretty xx

Lynne K said...

This is stunning, Cathy! So very elegant. The gorgeously coloured butterflies stand out beautifully against the neutral background, and that HA stamp is a must have!

Lynne

KJ Buchanan said...

That's so very pretty! Thanks for the inspiration! I adore the butterfly!

britgirl58 said...

Found your card and link on Pinterest. Its a beautiful card. I wondered how you did in the competitions. I am a cardmaker, but have never entered any challenges. Thank you. Julie

Cathy said...

Hi Julie, I couldn't see a contact to email you so I hope you see this reply. I like challenges as they give me inspiration for making cards, as do the projects others make for the same challenge. This card got an honourablevat ATSM, (I have a recognition tab at the top of my blog).

There are challenges to sit all styles, The Card Concept is a good one as it explains the different styles. Have a go, it's lots of fun, Cathy x

roseline said...

SUPERBE !!!!!!!!!! Très discrète, beaucoup de finesse et de délicatesse. C'est MERVEILLEUX. Félicitations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What do you mean by stamp? Like a postage stamp or an ink stamp? I never done this before.