Thursday 23 January 2014

Owl Love Hearts


Hi, I had a few of these stamped owl images left from a craft session at my sister's place. I attached some jiggle eyes to see what they looked like. One of my sons has spent a good while playing with them to make the eyes stay in silly positions. He's 22!

I'm going to enter the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog, where the theme is Have a Laugh!

At Cuttlebug Mania the theme is All You Need is Love. You also need to use any die or embossing folder and a manual machine like a Big Shot or Cuttlebug. I diecut Memory Box woodland branch and the background is Stampin Up Cloudy Days embossing folder. The herats are a ribbon that I bought a few years ago. Finally cut a section off to use!

At Crafting With Dragonflies the theme is anything goes as long as it's a card.

Materials used: Stampin Up owl stamp & Cloudy Days embossing folder: Memory Box Woodland Branch die;  Versacolor ink & clear embossing powder; Prismacolor pencils; distress ink; jiggle eyes, heart ribbon and sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

11 comments:

rachel said...

gorgeous card cathy - little things please little minds lol! hugs rachel x

Susanne Vargas said...

Love those googley eyes staring at the hearts! Also love that you made a new toy for your son that doesn't involve a screen or batteries! Maybe I should make one for my kids!

Hettie said...

Oh Cathy I love this card. I had to laugh at your comment about your son. I would have done the same. I am 47 1/2!
Such a cheery card there Honey.
Hugs
xx

Brenda in IN said...

I laughed out loud at your son playing with the eyes! So funny. This is a cute card and I love the shiny hearts ribbon. Cute find.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, super cute and I love those jiggly eyes :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very cute Owls, the little hearts on the branch are fabulous! Cheers, Shirleyx

Susan Hogan said...

They never grow up....never! Especially if there are googly eyes to play with! Love your owls and the whole thing is so good - makes you smile as the owls look slightly stunned! Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our first challenge for 2014.

roffeycreations said...

Very cute - love the cloudy background... Mxx

Viv said...

Aww what cute little owls Cathy, great card :) Viv xx

Kimbo said...

I love these cute owls Cathy and the background is just perfect. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Bonnie said...

Cute owls and isn't it amazing what can entertain our kids! Even when they're grown! Love the string of hearts and it fits so perfectly here!