Sunday 8 September 2013

Cat in the window


Hi, I was inspired to make this card by the challenge at CAS on Sunday, where the theme is to create a Welcome Home, or New Home project.

I hope this is CAS enough, there is white space, but it's embossed with the bricks folder.

I'm also linking to a few other challenges.
At Addicted to Stamps & More, it's an Anything Goes challenge.

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the theme is Animal Antics. I used black flocking on the cat. It's the first time I've used it and it does look furry IRL. I think the cat looks as if it's not supposed to be sitting on that window sill and his tail is twitching!

I've used quite a few snippets here, the cat, the flower pot and the decorative blind. So, I'm off to the playground again at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Materials used: Tim Holtz brick embossing folder; Poppystamps window and cat dies; Mpress edger fan die; Martha Stewart branch punch; flower pot punch; distress inks; flocking; Craft Queen paper flower painted with twinkling H2Os; sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

22 comments:

rachel said...

love that embossing folder - how cool! Brilliant card Cathy - hugs rachel x

Irene said...

Stunning card Cathy, I love the brick background and window display.

luv
irene
xxxx

Monica said...

This is so cute... the cat looks perfect on the window sill. How did you manage to make the wooden window so real looking?

Di said...

Oh Cathy, this is just fabulous! Such a pretty card and yup, the cat looks as it f it's breaking 'house rules' :) I adore the window die you used against the textured brick background. Brilliant!

Hugs, Di xx

Sue said...

This is lovely, Cathy. Really like that brick embossing and the cat in the window, great new home card. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

sandie said...

I love the EF and the way you have made the curtains is inspired. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Eve said...

Hi Cathy - thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
I think that your cards are AMAZING! and will be back to visit.
You asked about my heart card - it is a peel off by Woodware called Bubble hearts. There are about six on the sheet at only around £1.50. I have seen them on ebay. xx

roffeycreations said...

You have been busy - I have had a week off from creating - I did complete a card for the bus driver getting engaged but haven't posted... and started another card - hopefully on the upswing again.. love your window cards... Mxx

Kimbo said...

What a fabulous welcome card. I really need that brick wall folder x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Great cat in the window ! Elegant design :)

Loll said...

Hi Cathy. Fabulous window card ... love the cat! The embossed brick makes a perfect backdrop. Loll xx

Mrs A. said...

That's it I've had enough. I'm just gonner have to get me that brick wall embossing folder!!!! This is super and love all the elements you have pulled together on it. Hugs Mrs a.

anja curvers said...

Such a great card lovely. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

MaryH said...

Oh we do love our MB dies don't we? You've used this window die so very well with the brick EF. I liked the curtain valance too! I have an MS punch that I think would work for this. Thanks for this idea (if I can remember it!) This is just lovely - as always. TFS & Hugs

MaryH said...

Forgot to mention the super great detail of the little flower pot too!

Bonnie said...

I love the brick embossing, the cat and the soft glow of light from inside!

Anneke said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday Challenge!

Nancy said...

This is a perfect card for our challenge over at CAS on Sunday! Nice job!!!

Elizabeth said...

Super card - love the cat in the window. Elizabeth xx

scrappymo! said...

Great card...that embossing folder is superb!

Mariken said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for joining the challenge at CAS on Sunday!
Gr. Mariken.

Linby said...

I LOVE this, I have a window die and a wall emboss folder and never thought to put them together, thanks for the inspiration.
Linbyx