Saturday 28 September 2013

Autumn Leaves


Hi, I bought a new sentiment stamp yesterday and really wanted to use it. I usually leave them to languish in my drawer for ages!

I cut the leaves from watercolor paper, gave them some veins and shaped them a bit with my stylus tool.
I coloured them with a few distress inks.

I'm going to link up to the following challenges.( I'm borderline CAS I think, so I appreciate the feedback if my card is too busy.)

CAS-ual Fridays to use fall colours and a leaf.
CASology where the cue card is Autumn.
Addicted to Stamps & More where the theme is Clean & Simple.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Anything Goes.

Materials used: Tim Holtz tattered leaves die: Memory Box branch die: Kaisercraft True Friendship stamp; Versafine black ink and superfine gold ep; distress inks.

Thanks for visiting :)


21 comments:

rachel said...

those leaves look real! Fantastic Cathy - love it x

Sue - said...

Those leaves are fantastic!

roffeycreations said...

Great leaves - very realistic - and a lovely sentiment too... Mxx

roffeycreations said...

Oh and congratulations on joining the Addicted to CAS wall of fame in September - Hugs Mxx

Irene said...

Hello Cathy, What a beautiful card, its definately CAS and stunning, simple but so effective. The leaves are so vibrant but I love them, and they co-ordinate perfectly with the stamp (which I must look out for).
luv
irne
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Cathy-The leaves are gorgeous and what a lovely sentiment :)
Nessa xx

jimlynn said...

Just gorgeous! Those leaves look just like the ones that fall around here. So pretty.
Lynn

Darnell said...

Brilliant job with the water coloring of the leaves, Cathy! They look totally real!!

Nonni said...

Oooh how beautiful, I love those leaves and autumn colors! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

Sue said...

Beautiful card love those leaves! huggles hun Sue xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

The sentiment is beautiful and so are the leaves! Happy Weekend, Shirleyx

Ardyth said...

Wow - the leaves practically glow and the colours are stunning! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Kylie said...

The leaves are simply amazing!! Great colouring, well done! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful leaves, Cathy, the colours are amazing! IMHO this is definitely CAS ... uncluttered and with loads of 'white' space ... yum! Anita :)

Bonnie said...

What gorgeous leaves hanging on that twig!

Judy1223 said...

Very CAS and not too busy at all...in fact, it is gorgeous! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

A lovely sentiment and those big leaves are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Susanne Vargas said...

Those leaves are gorgeous! They look so real!

laurelbeard said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge ~ Laurel

Deb said...

This is wonderful. I love how you used your stylus to create the veins. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

MaryH said...

Hi Cathy, just saw your name on a blog comment, and popped over to see what I've been missing. I can see I shall be back again later this afternoon (gotta stretch my go-to-sleep legs!) but just had to say this leaf card is really sharp. Love the DI on your shaped autumn leaves. They really pop on the somber background. So very beautiful. Back later. TFS