Sunday 1 September 2013

Footy Fan's Birthday


Hi, I've been asked to make another card for a guy's 30th. The recipient plays Aussie Rules football, so I hope he likes this card.

I was inspired by a technique I saw used by Jo at Cropstop in her Birthday Flowers post. She inked the embossing folder so thet the raised section would remain clean and only the background section would be coloured. Mine turned out quite splotchy but I like the effect.

I'm going to link up to a few challenges.

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the theme is Anything Goes.

At Cuttlebug Mania, the theme is Die cuts Anything Goes. You also need to use a manual machine like a Big Shot, or a Cuttlebug.

At Seize the Birthday, it's an Anything Goes Birthday Challenge.


Materials used: Cuttlebug number embossing folder; Papertrey Ink number and Spellbinders oval dies; chipboard football from stash; distress ink; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting :)


10 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful masculine Birthday card, Cathy - they are so hard to make....

roffeycreations said...

Looks fab Cathy... Mxx

Kimbo said...

Super background Cathy and I love the ball on the 30. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

Heather said...

A fabulous card - great inking and stamping background. I love your 'football' number!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

rachel said...

stunning - this is so clever Cathy - love it x

Paula Pascual said...

Love it!
Paula
x

OttawaMom said...

What a great masculine card! The inked, embossed background is a great effect. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Bonnie said...

The inked embossing is perfect! I've tried that and it's not easy to get good color. You did it perfectly! A wonderful guy card!

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK
Thanks
Cindy

Bobby said...

I have this folder and I'm going to try this technique. I love how yours turned out. Hope mine does equally well.