Saturday 27 July 2013

Distress Ink Blooms

 

Hi, I was inspired to make this card by a couple of challenges.

At  A Blog Named Hero, the theme is to create a project inspired by a Hero Arts artist.
I have been a fan of Jennifer McGuire's work for a few years now. I think she introduced me to distress inks and Perfect Pearls. This card uses a popular resist technique I learned from her also.

I stamped Penny Black constellation in Versamark on watercolour paper, and embossed in white. I blended the three shades of distress ink to highlight the image. Lastly I sprayed with Perfect pearls mist to give it a sheen.

The challenge at Allsorts challenge blog, is to use Kraft card in your project. I embossed the kraft base with
 Couture Creations Powder Puff folder. I thought it was a good match for the stamped image. The sentiment sticker is from my stash.

I'm also linking up to the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, where the theme is Celebrate.

Thanks for visiting :)

18 comments:

roffeycreations said...

This is great - love those colours and the ef is fab ... Mxx

Sue said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog I've looked at your work and its all stunning Sue x

rachel said...

Such a beauty cathy -lovely x

Sue - said...

Very pretty - must try that technique. Something else on my "I must try that" list.

Tracy said...

Love to see this kind of inking. It's always a stunning effect, especially with the white embossing. Beautiful my done!

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Cathy. I too love Jennifer McG's work and it was her that inspired me to play with inks and perfect pearls. Love the techniques you have picked and the colours are scrummy.
Hugs
xx

Michelle said...

Such a pretty card! I love that resist technique. Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. I hope you'll play along next week too! Have a great weekend! ~Michelle

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the pretty background! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Kimbo said...

This is beautiful Cathy - gorgeous colours and I so need that embossing folder x

MS said...

I wonder if Jennifer knows how many people she got hooked on inking! She's the reason for my addiction to all things distress too! Gorgeous card, thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Mrs A. said...

I love that stamp. Going straight onto my wish list! Those colours look divine together. Hugs Mrs A.

Carol McCready said...

I love the dry embossed background.

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Really gorgeous. Love the background and that gorgeous image. Thanks for playing at A Blog Named Hero!

Wendy L said...

A very pretty card, thanks for playing at Allsorts this week, xxx

Sarah said...

Love this card Cathy, the embossed background compliments the image so well. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Kraft It challenge this week x

Cris said...

Love how the resist panel looks, gorgeous ink blending! And the embossed card base is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Bonnie said...

Those white flowers really stand out against the pretty background! I love how you've used an embossing folder that mimics the flowers!

Mummylade said...

gorgeous colours! Thank you so much for playing along in our challenge at Allsorts and good luck!