Wednesday 13 March 2013

Birthday Spots & Stripes

Birthday Spots & Stripes by cathroff
Birthday Spots & Stripes, a photo by cathroff on Flickr.
Hi, I thought I'd have a try at a one layer card. A couple of challenges inspired me.

Over at Less is More the one layer card needs to have stripes and spots. I've had these Papertrey Ink basic circle stamps for ages and never used them. That's one of the things I'm really enjoying with challenges, that I'm finally using more of my stash!

The inspiration for the colour came from the One Layer Wednesday  Challenge. Ardyth is hosting this week's challenge and the colours are orange, green and white.

I darkened the colour on some of the circles by adding more ink using nibs from Ranger. First time I've used them too!

Thanks for looking :)

12 comments:

Carole Campanile said...

Oh marvelous card!! Such a perfect stamp set for this challenge and double fun that it saw ink for the first time.

I see the subtle shading, really nice.

TFS,
Carole

Loll said...

Hi Cathy. Fun card!!! :) Love the colors - so cheerful! Loll xx

Chrissie said...

This looks great fun!
The colours looks super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarn said...

This is gorgeous . . . I love the bright zingy colours. Thanks for dropping by my blog today . . . I came to visit in return! xxx

Irene said...

A stuning card Cathy. The colours pop with vibrancy, beautiful shading and design.
Cathy, my cushion fabric includes, old demin jeans, tea towels, handkerchiefs, pillow cases etc., all with the theme of blue.
I'm looking foward to seeing your patchwork creations.
luv
irene
xxxx

Ardyth said...

This is so fun and fresh - and a wonderful combination of the two one-layer challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with OLW this week!

Redanne said...

Hi Cathy, your card is beautiful, I love your combination of colours and I envy you being able to stamp so perfectly onto hammered card, this really is beautiful. I have had a look at some of your earlier posts too, love all the butterflies and those fish are fabulous! Hugs, Anne x

Cathy said...

Thanks Anne, wasn't sure if you could see that it was hammered card in the photo. It's one of my faves!

Hettie said...

Super card Cathy. Liking it alot. Also love the one below, but who can resist butterflies.
xx

Bonnie said...

Love these circles! Beautiful design and color!

Anonymous said...

The crisp stamping on that textured card is awesome ... love the different shades and circles! Anita (in France) :)

Jules said...

Hi Cathy

Just giving myself the treat of an early morning blog catch up!!

You have been posting some gorgeous cards since my last visit.

I am loving the colours and neatness of this one .. .. beautiful!

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx