Sunday 27 January 2013

Congratulations star!

Hi, this is my entry in this week's Less is More challenge.  I've only tried a few sketch challenges and this one looked simple enough for me.
 
Here are the details and the sketch: Join in at:
 
Sketch #8
This week we have a sketch for you drawn by Jen.
It's simplicity itself, so to add a little constraint, we ask that the card stays in this orientation ie that the band remains in the horizontal plane, in the lower part of the card and that it takes up no more than 1/3rd of the height of the cardbase.
 
and here is my card
 
 
I'm also linking this card to http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ where the challenge is to use snippets!  Thanks Viv for the details.


I hate wasting cardstock, so I punch any small scraps that I have and save them in a little drawer. It's nearly overflowing! Thought this sketch would suit a star confetti card!
 
I tried putting a patch of glue down and sprinkling the stars on but found that individually gluing each one in place was better.
 
Materials used: Fiskars star punch; My Favorite Things star die; sentiment sticker from stash.
 
Thanks for looking :)
 
 

22 comments:

Caroline said...

great card, lots of color and very good idea of using your waste paper
Greetings Caroline

Glittertastic said...

What a clever idea and a very striking card - I think I'll be CASEing this one! Just goes to show that crafty people hoard everything!

Sharon
x

Viv said...

You'll have to come across and join us in the playground with our 'Snippet' cos this is fab!(http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/) if you're interested!
Love the card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love all the stars!!!

Cathy said...

thanks for the suggestion Viv :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

awesome card!! great work, Shaz in oz.x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Amazing card. Love all stars
Tamara:)

Bubbles said...

Bright and vivacious card - brilliant way of using scraps :)
Anyway... I was just popping over from Pixie's Place to say "Hi!"...
Bubbles #19

Di said...

Wow Cathy, so much work!! It's just perfect all the stars are stunning - and welcome to the Playground, it's raining out there right now so put your wellies on!!

Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cathy, you must have the patience of a saint! I save all the tiny scraps and punch them too, leaves, flowers, snowflakes, etc. I love the large star and the sentiment, really pulls it all together. Waving hi from Less IS More and the Playground too!

Hugs
Brenda

Jen Nelson said...

cathy this is a fab take on my sketch!!

Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

It looks like Jen really inspired you this week Cathy. This looks fab!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
We would be really grateful if you could remove the Word Verification from your blog thanks!

Cathy said...

Thanks Chrissie, I've turned off word verification, I'm stll a blog newbie!! :)

Cathy said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to do so :)

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful use of snippets! I punch and diecut lots of my scraps too...I find it so handy when I need a card in a hurry or my girls or grandchildren want to make some cards.

Your desin is wonderful. I love how you placed the big star and then worked around it.

Stempelomi said...

great take on the sketch! lovely creation!

Sarn said...

Goodness me . . . you have lots of patience sticking those stars down! Lovely result though.

I think you may have the wrong ending to Di's blog address mentioned in your post . . . it should be www.pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk

Hope to see you on the swings now that I've come out of the treehouse cuz the sun's out!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Jenni's Jems said...

This is simply wonderful so eyecatching! x

Cathy said...

Hi Sam, thanks! Sticking the stars down was very therapeutic!! I copied and pasted Di's blog address but because I'm in Australia I think "it" changes it. (I'm not too technically minded as you can probably tell!) The link still works :)

Anonymous said...

So bright and happy with all those amazing individually glued stars! Anita in France :)

Anonymous said...

Heh Cathy, what a stunning card, love the colours. You certainly have some patience to stick those tiny stars individually but it paid off cause its brilliant!

Welcome to the playground, wellies are the preferred footwear to avoid trench foot lol

Hugs Rach xx

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card!

Thanks for sharing!

Team Craftwell
blog.craftwellusa.com